Because it is a park the Baltimore and Annaoplis Trail has rules and regulations.
These are not meant to keep visitors from having fun - they are meant to ensure everyone has a good time on the Trail.
The rules and regulations below are set forth by the Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks; however, there is
one rule that isn't on the list but should be:
Treat other trail guests the way you want to be treated.
- Park hours are from sunrise to sunset
- Alcoholic beverages
- Motorized vehicles of any type
- Auto repair (this includes the trail parking lots)
- Amplified music
- Fires of any type
- Destruction of Park property is prohibited
- Pets must be on a leash and under control at all times
Because the Baltimore and Annapolis Trail is somewhat isolated, the following
suggestions are made for your safety:
- Never go on the trail after dark If you are found on the trail after dark, you better hope it's by a park
Ranger or a police officer - at least they'll only give you a ticket...
- Tell someone where you are going and when you expect to return - much like a float plan for a boater
- Use the "buddy system" - exercise with a friend
- For joggers and hikers, it is a good idea to carry a small air horn or other loud device to attract attention in
||For additional information,
Baltimore and Annapolis Trail Park
P.O. box 1007
Severna Park, MD 21146
Last updated Monday, July 17, 2000
This page hosted by
Get your own FREE home page today!